Your sterling silver rings will boost your mood and add character to each and every outfit you wear. To keep your favorite rings in good shape so that you can wear them for many years to come, follow these simple tips:
- Store rings individually in pouches or cases in a cool, dry place.
- Consider sealing your sterling silver rings in airtight bags to fight humidity and oxidation.
- 925 Sterling Silver is sturdy and does not need very frequent polishing.
- When you polish your rings, use up-and-down strokes, not circles, as it can worsen the tarnishing or dirt.
- Do not use chemical liquid jewelry cleaners to maintain your rings. Use a simple microfiber cloth or specially designed silver polishing cloth, pre-treated with appropriate and gentle chemicals.
- Be sure to take your rings off when doing things that involve strong heat and sunlight, harsh chemicals, water, and sweat.
- In general, keeping your sterling silver rings dry is the best policy.